Top Ten 'cause it's Tuesday; travel edition.
Just got back from our yearly pilgrimage to the hills of North Carolina. I know some people wouldn't really call it the South but it's as close as I plan to get, so here are some highlights from the trip:
- Lightning bugs
- Rocking chairs everywhere
- A cacaphony of songbirds, starting at 5:00 am
- Soft slow hill country accents
- "Dewy" skin
- Snakes in the woodpile
- Vitamin D acquisition without a pill
- Really good tomatoes and corn
- Signs for boiled peanuts all over including,
- This one: Leave it to those crafty southerners ...
* Bob Wills and His Texas Playboys - 1942